Christian Harris is a former 4-star recruit for the Crimson Tide who has started in all, but one game for Alabama. Harris possesses the prototypical size for an NFL linebacker, 6-foot-2 and 232-pounds. Harris has a nose for the football and excels when playing between the tackles as well as getting after the quarterback when sent on a blitz. Harris boasts the athletic profile to be considered the top linebacker in his respective class, however, to get into that first conversation he will need to improve his ability in coverage as the NFL is leaning towards more versatile pieces on the second level.
- Keeps shoulders square when scraping along the LOS.
- Keys on offensive linemen when diagnosing the run.
- Strong blitzer.
- Bouncy, has a spring in his step.
- Sturdy at the POA, holds up against bigger offensive lineman.
- Flexible/loose shoulders to elude blockers.
- Stumps ball carriers, doesn’t give up extra yards.
- Sure tackler.
- Solid eyes in man-coverage, plays man-to-ball.
- Quick to react, trusts his eyes.
- Disengaging from blocks, gets arms out in front.
- Vision through the LOS to locate ball-carrier.
- Can get fooled by misdirection, over pursue.
- Lacks instincts in zone.
- Motor comes and goes.
- Has a tendency to tackle high.
- Does not always take the best angles.
- Eyes drift to QB in man coverage.
2021 Season Statistics:
52 solo tackles, 27 assisted tackles, 79 total tackles, 7.0 tackles-for-loss, 4.5 sacks, 2 pass deflections, and 1 interception in 12 games played
7.13 – Second Round Grade