Kenyon Green grew up and played high school football in Texas. He was a five-star recruit who was highly sought after by top colleges. The third overall ranked player in his class, he wound up choosing Texas A&M after much deliberation. Now, he’s a top prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft. Let’s take a look at the Kenyon Green scouting report.
Green won a starting job as a Freshman. He earned Freshman All-SEC honors for his play at right guard. As a Sophomore, he moved to left guard, and was again recognized for it. He received second-team All-SEC and All-American nods after the season.
In 2021, Green further showed off his versatility. He had starts at every position on the line except for center, and he thrived at all of them. He won multiple SEC Offensive Lineman of the week awards during the season, then first-team All-SEC and All-American honors at season’s end.
Kenyon Green Scouting Report
- At the snap, he pops up quickly and is ready to block immediately.
- Has a great base, and it allows him to hold up against any bull rush he encounters.
- He has a nasty demeanor and can dominate as a run blocker when he gets moving downhill.
- Played a fantastic game against Alabama and Will Anderson, who might have been the best pass rusher in the country.
- Has good size, but also moves fluidly and has quick feet, which enables him to succeed at both guard and tackle.
- His intelligence is obvious when watching him pick up blitzes and move from one block to another.
- He can play four of the five offensive line positions effectively.
- Has tremendous strength in both his lower body and in his hands. He is hard to move off his spot.
- His hands can be a little bit inconsistent at times. It could lead to some holding penalties.
- Not quite as technically sound when playing tackle.
The scouting report shows Kenyon Green is as complete a package as a team is likely to find in an offensive lineman in the NFL Draft. He has size, length, power, and the demeanor needed to not only succeed at the next level, but dominate.
Interior lineman don’t typically go as high in the draft as tackles. However, Green might buck that trend. He’s certainly a talented player who is the best at his position in this class, and one of the best overall players at any position.
This 2022 NFL Draft is loaded with quality offensive linemen. There will be several picked in the first round and early on day two. Green grades as the best of them. He has the tools to be one of the true elite players to come out of this year’s draft.